This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.*
Lets get right to it! Most people stick to whats simple and doesn't add or take away from what your trying to accomplish right..That's the traditional black suit, or black skirt suit etc. Well what if we told you there are ways to go in with a professional look with adding a splash of color and style. From the ever so popular fit-n flare to the traditional button down blouse there are many creative ways to take your interview dress to the next level. Whether you want to take your favorite color and build off that or you want to wear what goes good with your particular hairstyle there are more than a few ways to pull off the best look.
Once you find your look, there are a few things we want to remember and we complied them in a bulleted list below:
- When choosing colors be tasteful, and remember you always want to be in control of your tone, and not your tone controlling you. (NO HOT PINK's and NEON YELLOWs etc.)
- Be mindful of length. This applies not just to dresses and skirts (Watch out for floods)
- Neckline cuts; while you want to be chic you still want to look presentable and not trashy by exposing your cleavage area to much. Fellas, this applies to you as well, we don't want to see your chest hair.
- Hair, make sure it suits you and your outfit.
- Keep piercings to minimum. Large hoop earrings, over the top dangles, and gauges should be carefully chosen, and facial jewelry should be removed until you are in and know the dress code.
- shoes, no tennis shoes or anything of the sort.
- Facial hair, just make sure its clean and presentable.
- Makeup, keep it classy and fitting to your engagement.
For some, accessories aren't much to worry about, and for others its the hardest thing and they end up wearing nothing. Well for those of you out there who struggle in this area a simple trick is, dime size silver or gold earring with a simple matching chain and a watch. Feel free to mix this up a little bit to. You can have bracelets (not to many) instead of a watch, and you can have a shirt with a dress pin instead of a chain. Its all about how you feel the accessory compliments your look. Men can wear a bow-tie instead of a tie. These are general switch-a-roo's for both men and women to help you look your best.